Thanks so much to Alison and Kenny from A & K Wanderlusts for nominating our blog for the Liebster Award! This has been a great opportunity to get to know other bloggers in the community, and it was really fun answering the questions you gave us! At the end of this post we’ll be tagging some of YOU and give you all new questions to answer. Let’s get started!
Let’s get to the Questions!
1. If you could travel back in time to one particular moment, what would it be?
E: I’d like to see the asteroid responsible for slamming into the Earth and eventually creating the moon.
R: MLK Jr’s famous speech on the steps of the Abe Lincoln memorial.
2. If you had to fast forward to a point in your future for 10 minutes, what would it be?
E: I’d like to see the last ten minutes of my life.
R: Probably the birth of my first child! Can’t wait.
3. You find $1,000 lying on the street. What’s the first thing you would do?
E: Look around.
R: If it was that much, I’d look around and try to find the owner.
4. Beach or mountains? (And you can’t say a mountain overlooking a beach, which is my go-to answer for this one).
R: Definitely mountains!
5. What is one trait that you are constantly improving upon?
E: Being more social.
R: Talking less, listening more.
6. What food could you simply not live without?
E: Burritos. Or, more specifically, refried beans.
R: There’s honestly nothing I love THAT much, because I like pretty much everything. But if I had to choose–bread.
7. What is your most embarrassing moment? (Well, the most embarrassing moment you’re willing to share).
E: The first time I tried to kiss my wife, I missed.
R: Most recently, I was catching up with one of my best friends from high school and said something about how I’m surprised neither of us had kids yet, when she actually had a kid several years ago!! Yikes. She was gracious about it thankfully. I’ve been away for quite a while.
8. How would your best friend describe you in one sentence?
E: “I don’t know.” ..really, I asked.
R: “You’re super caring.”
9. What destination is on the top of your travel list?
E: The MOON. Here on Earth, though, I want to travel the middle east.
R: Middle East and North Africa hands down. I want Evan to experience and fall in love with Morocco the way I did.
10. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
E: I saw a picture of a Sloth in a space suit.
R: An inappropriate but hilarious card played in Cards against humanity.
11. Describe your perfect day.
E: It’s Spring time and I’m in the mountains of North Carolina with my wife.
R: Going for a drive with Evan in the mountains of NC when the leaves are changing. Hanging out at our favorite coffee shop where we first met, maybe going to hear some bluegrass in the park, and eating subs from Jimmy Johns while laying in the grass.
11 Facts About Evan and Rachel
1. I used to have really long hair.
2. I was born in Germany.
3. Both my parents were in the military.
4. I have a twin brother.
5. We look nothing alike.
6. My favorite beer is Sam Adams.
7. I tend to be a mega-nerd.
8. I graduated college about 8 years after I started.
9. If my wife would let me, I’d probably only wear white shirts.
1. I’m an aquarius.
Who is up next?
Pamela from Pam in South Korea
Elisha from Epik Wandering Seoul
Elizabeth from Moving West to the East
Alex from Ninja Teacher
Meagan from Life Outside of Texas
Brian from Wandering On
Nathan from Open Road Before Me
Malachi from Living in Korea for Expats
Amanda and Derik from Living in Another Language
Kara from Kara Flaherty
Danielle from Seoul Tapper
Here are the rules!
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your 11 questions.
5. Can’t nominate the person who nominated you!
6. Tell your 11 nominees you have nominated them.
Here are your questions!
1. Can you solve a rubix cube?
2. What is your biggest fear?
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
4. What is your favorite holiday and why?
5. What food do you miss the most when you’re traveling/living abroad?
6. What’s your favorite condiment?
7. Do you have a go-to joke to share with us?
8. What was your first screen name?
9. What was your first concert?
10. Have you ever flown first class?
11. Where does your name come from?/What does it mean?